In conjunction with the grand opening of the Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (CFDLAB) under the direction of Prof. Steven (Chaim) Frankel, we are excited to invite you to attend and participate in the first CFD IMPACT conference. The conference will be held on June 30th 2015 at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering D. Dan and Betty Kahn Building, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. The goal of the IMPACT conference will be to serve as a platform for discussion and collaboration, a forum to present the latest and greatest research in CFD in Israel, and a central hub for the Israeli academic and industrial communities with strong interest in CFD.
Conference topic sections are:
1. High-fidelity numerical methods in CFD: e.g. high-order finite-volume, high-order finite-difference, high-order flux reconstruction (including discontinuous Galerkin, spectral-element, etc.).
2. High-performance computing in CFD: e.g. hybrid CPU-GPU, algorithms for heterogeneous many-core supercomputers, etc.
3. High Reynolds number turbulence in CFD: e.g. RANS, LES and hybrid RANS-LES.
4. High-complexity in CFD: e.g. highly complex multiphysics, highly complex geometries, etc.
The conference working languages are English and Hebrew, but all presentations will be in English.
Call for abstracts:
We kindly invite you to submit your one-page abstract on the abstract submission page.
Each abstract should consist of title, authors (specifying who will present at the conference), affiliation, one paragraph abstract (up to 250 words), and one representative figure, produced according to the template which will be posted on the conference website in March 2015. Abstracts should be written in English. Authors should specify the topic section within which they wish to present their paper.
Each abstract will undergo an international review process upon which authors will be notified about any reviewers’ comments. Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings, and every conference participant will receive a copy as part of his/her registration fee. The papers will be presented in the form of lectures.
● 1 March 2015 - 30 April 2015 – abstract submission window.
● 1 May 2015 – opening participant registration.
● 15 May 2015 – notification of abstract acceptance.
● 1 June 2015 - detailed conference program will be emailed to all participants.
● 15 June 2015 – closing of registration.
Conference venue and implementation:
The conference will be held in the brand new D. Dan and Betty Kahn Mechanical Engineering building.
Chair of the conference programme committee
Prof. Steven (Chaim) H. Frankel